All research involving human subjects within the Faculty of Arts, Humanities and Social Sciences must be approved by the AHSS Research Ethics Committee (REC). If your research will include human subjects in any way, you must complete the AHSS ethics application form and include any relevant supporting documentation in appendices.
AHSS REC is audited on a regular basis by UL Research Ethics Governance & Faculty Research Ethics Committees (ULREG)
Queries relating to the AHSS Research Ethics Committee should be directed to:
Faculty of Arts, Humanities and Social Sciences
The Committee membership consists of:
- Dr Scott Fitzsimmons (Chair) – Department of Politics and Public Administration
- Dr Amanda Haynes – (Vice Chair) Department of Sociology
- Dr Veronica O’Regan – School of ML&AL
- Dr Bernadette Connaughton – Department of Politics and Public Administration
- Dr Orfhlaith NÍ Bhriain – Irish World Academy of Music and Dance
- Dr Karol Mullaney-Dignam Department of History.
- Dr Ger Coffey– School of Law
- Dr Yianna Liatsos – School of Culture and Communication
- Grace Cameron - Postgraduate representative
- Patrick Buckley outside Faculty Member (KBS)